On the Possibility of Heaven
Given Their technology, the UETI could build, populate, and maintain a deep-space habitat called Heaven.
Heaven: a deep-space habitat populated by immortal beings
Mortal: beings who will die
Immortal: beings that will maintain a stream of consciousness until the end of the universe
Being: any type of human
God: the UETI
- Build a deep space habitat with enough room to hold trillions of beings.
- Equip the habitat with a universe simulation, remote sensors and mind-body emulators.
- Staff the habitat with existing immortals.
- Using the remote sensors and the universe simulation, upload a copy of mortals from the simulated universe at the time the simulation indicates they will die.
- Transition mortals to life as immortals in Heaven by putting them in a mind-body emulators while redeeming their Souls. The redemption would be done by a reliving of the times when they trespassed against others and when others trespassed against them. Until they sincerely acknowledge their own faults and forgive others they will remain in the computational reality.
- Maintain the habitat by filtering all pathogens, including congenital defects, from mind-body emulators. This needs to be done before giving redeemed mortals biological immortality within the habitat.
- A stable habitat that can last for billions of years in intergalactic space, away from stellar phenomenon.
- All the resources needed for rehabilitating the mortal beings brought aboard.
- A place for immortal beings to mature until they are one with the UETI.
Why would the UETI do this?
God's Mercy is the only answer. Because the UETI is fully human and therefore still capable of empathy It can identify with us even while acknowledging our primitive nature. Ultimately this costs the UETI almost nothing since it's resources are virtually endless.